Being diagnosed with a critical illness can be devastating, both personally and financially. Breathe easier knowing Compass Critical Illness Insurance can help you pay your out-of-pocket expenses and allow you to focus on your health.
- A limited benefit policy (not health insurance)1
- Lump-sum benefit when you are diagnosed with a covered illness
- Benefits for heart attack, stroke, kidney failure, coronary artery bypass and several others
- Spend benefits on what you need – medical expenses, groceries, utilities
- Benefits paid regardless of any other insurance you have
- Coverage may follow you if you leave your employer2
- Visit the Claims Center to start a claim, upload a claim form, download a claim form or find a claim contact.
- Individuals with a family history of serious illnesses
- Individuals facing large health insurance deductibles
- Available through your employer’s benefits program
- There are no health questions or medical tests to get coverage
- Must meet employer’s eligibility requirements2
- Optional spouse, domestic partner or dependent children coverage2
- Premiums are typically lower when you purchase group coverage through your employer
- Premiums are conveniently deducted from your paycheck
*Known as "specified disease" in some states.
1Critical Illness insurance is a limited benefit policy. This is not health insurance and does not satisfy the requirement of minimum essential coverage under the Affordable Care Act.
2This varies by state and the Critical Illness Insurance plan offered by your employer.
Use the EFT Form to request monthly premium payment via EFT, if you are paying premiums directly to the insurance company.
Use the Service Request Form for a variety of requests, if you have critical illness/specified disease insurance. Note: For Compass Critical Illness Insurance, this form is only used to request a duplicate certificate if you are paying premiums directly to the insurance company.
This information is a brief description of coverage. The policy and riders should be read carefully for exact terms and conditions, exclusions and limitations. Policy Form #: RL-CI3-POL-12 or RL-CI4-POL-16. Policy form numbers, product availability and benefit provisions may vary by state.
Voya Employee Benefits insurance products and services in the U.S. are provided by ReliaStar Life Insurance Company (Home and Administration Office: Minneapolis, MN) and ReliaStar Life Insurance Company of New York (Home Office: Woodbury, NY. Administration Office: Minneapolis, MN). Within the State of New York, only ReliaStar Life Insurance Company of New York is admitted, and its products issued. Both are members of the Voya® family of companies.