Universal life insurance is designed to last your entire life and can provide you with flexibility. Protect your loved ones with a life insurance death benefit while potentially building money to use during your life. You could possibly pay for college tuition, mortgage expenses, or supplementing your retirement income.
- Life insurance protection designed to last your entire life
- Income tax-free death benefit1 paid to beneficiaries
- Competitive fixed interest rate credited monthly to cash value
- Cash value growth is tax-deferred, meaning you don’t pay any income taxes on it while it accumulates in your policy
- Access to your policy’s cash value using income tax-free loans and withdrawals.2
- Amount and frequency of premium payments can be adjusted to meet your needs
- Death benefit can be adjusted down or up (with evidence of insurability)
- Visit the Claims Center to start a claim, upload a claim form, download a claim form or find a claim contact.
Universal life insurance products are issued by ReliaStar Life Insurance Company of New York (Woodbury, NY) and Security Life of Denver Insurance Company (Denver, CO). Within the state of New York, only ReliaStar Life Insurance Company of New York is admitted, and its products issued. All are members of the Voya® family of companies.
1Proceeds from an insurance policy are generally income tax free and if properly structured, may also be free from estate tax.
2Policy loans and partial withdrawals may vary by state, may generate an income tax liability, reduce available surrender value and reduce the death benefit, or cause the policy to lapse.
Income tax free distributions are usually achieved by withdrawing to the cost basis (usually premiums paid), then using policy loans. This assumes the policy qualifies as life insurance, is not a modified endowment contract, is not lapsed or surrendered with an outstanding loan. Individual tax results may vary. You should consult your attorney or other tax advisor.